Friday 22 November 2013

Apologies.


I’m meant to be reviewing the government/NHS response to The Francis Report. I’ve downloaded it and I already did a quick blog – based on press reports only.

The detailed review is still to come, unfortunately, I can’t do it justice.

A month ago I had a Thrombosis, went to Accident and Emergency and was treated reasonably well. Then in the follow up it all went wrong. Doctors didn’t bother, no one listened.

In reading the detailed proposals to prevent failings – system failings as well as individual ones, it was just too personal for me to be able to be impartial or even sensible about it. As I read through all the things that are supposed to be changed, so many have just happened to me that I couldn't write about it.

I need some time to get over my recent problems (daily injections for the next 6 months make it a little difficult to forget) before I can do a reasonable job. I hope to come back to it.

So sorry about that. My own medical problems are turning me into a wuss.

The reports can be found at;

Why not take a look for yourself?
I'd welcome your views - post a comment or send me an e-mail at;
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment